Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Quest 12A - You Tube Video

This could certainly be "just for fun" - I looked at some TV commercials from the 1970's and the library workout tape. (Now how do I get the Slinky jingle out of my head???) But this technology could also be used very effectively to convey information to visual learners. For example, this would be good for showing someone how to search the catalog, place a hold, renew items, etc. I looked for and found examples of what other libraries have already done, such as this YouTube from J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNCC on how to search the catalog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O5bmTud_2E



I could imagine having something similar available on our own library's website, and maybe some videos highlighting upcoming programs and events (who knows, maybe even short story times!!!) This technology has to potential to really offer something new and useful to our patrons.

No comments: