Sunday, October 28, 2007

Quest 11 - Online Apps

I set up a free account in ZohoWriter and transcribed some of my notes from a recent teleconference on Finding the Trends that Matter.

I found it very easy to use, and liked that I could access the document from any computer connected to the Internet. I often find myself with multiple versions of a document - one on the hard drive of a computer, another on a USB drive, and it can get confusing.

I think online applications can be especially useful for people who don't own a computer but would like to be able to save their resumes, etc. Sometimes people don't want to spend the money for a floppy disk (and many who do have a computer at home indicate it doesn't have a floppy drive on it). And floppy disks do fail.

I don't plan to desert MS Word, but ZohoWriter does have my interest. I will probably continue to explore its features.

No comments: